- Saratoga Clay Arts Center (posted 6/1/20)
Two virtual workshops coming up; June 11, 3-6pm with Lisa Orr and June 25, 3-6pm with Jeremy Randall. Learn more on the Saratoga Clay Arts Center website.
- From Marie DeVito (posted 5/25/20)
I have a Skutt 1018 kiln that has reached the end of its useful life. I bought it from Dennis/Northeast in 2009, he rebuilt it in 2014, and it has just gone…I believe the technical term is, kaflooey.
So I bought a new kiln and I am offering this one to anyone who wants it for free. If someone is inclined to figure out what’s wrong and fix it to use as an electric kiln, that’s great. I someone wants to convert it to a raku kiln, also great. It has a vent system with a relatively new motor.
First come, first served. I live in Bennington, and it would need to be picked up. All socially distanced, of course. It shouldn’t be too hard to move it, as it comes apart and is easily reassembled. If interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From Carrie Wojenski (posted 5/25/20)
Seeking a local artist who can flatten a bottle into a cheese tray. I believes this work is done in a kiln, and was hoping someone in the Guild might be able to help. If so, email me here: email@example.com
- Private Studio for Rent (posted 5/1/20)
In need of a sanitized, quiet, private space outside of their home to create art or writing? The Albany Art Room has a private studio available for 1 person who is able to be very conscientious about keeping the building safe for the other tenants and yourself by sanitizing shared surfaces such as door knobs, bathroom and sink area. Contact Karen Schupack at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Capital Kiln Repair is open and available to help you with all your kiln repair needs. See attached flyer to get 10% off your first service. Waterbrook Potters Studio has made them their go-to repair service and you can, too.
Contact: email@example.com or call 518-274-2722. Download Capital Kiln Repair Flyer
- New Prospect Pottery in Pine Bush, NY is firing their new wood kiln when covid 19 restrictions allow and welcome volunteers to load and fire. For more information, see attached flyer. Also, Guild member Patty Keelen, has offered to transport pots down for the firing for those interested. If interested, contact Patty. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download New Prospect Pottery Flyer
If you’ve got a bulletin board item that you’d like to share with Guild members through our monthly newsletter or on the website, please send to Theresa, email@example.com. Just keep in mind that newsletters typically get mailed a week after each monthly meeting.